Summer has decided to show the tip of its nose here in Antwerp and I’ve been loving the sunny weather. So far, my summer has been filled with slow weekends, drinking coffees in the morning and cocktails at night, blogging, exploring new things, meeting with friends, visiting family. I’m having a fabulous time!
I won’t have any time off this summer, apart from a 4-day long weekend (YEEY), which we’ll be spending in the historic town of Ieper, Belgium. I’m a little bit sad that we won’t be leaving on a big trip, but at the same time, we’ve already travelled to Thailand earlier this year (I realise my life is not too hard…)
So what can you do when you’re spending the summer at home?
Here are some fun things to explore:
- Make something beautiful with your own hands – plenty of tutorials on this blog!
- Check if your town or village is offering any summer activities (tours, classes…)
- Visit a museum or go to an arts fair
- Catch up with your friends
- Make dessert and/or a cocktail
- Have a picnic in a park nearby
- Catch the sunrise
- Read a book (or twelve, depending what’s on your reading list!)
- Clean out your closet
- Have an afternoon filled with cupcake-tasting at different local stores
- Send cute postcards to your family
- Go for a walk
- Go to the gym
- Make a moodboard of all the things you would like to achieve this summer
- Maybe even make a wish list of all the destinations you would like to travel to in the nearby future
- Read a magazine with your favourite type of coffee
- Just enjoy yourself!!
Summer makes everything lighter – so try to absorb all of that vitamin D and use it to do something that you will benefit from!
I would like to share some personal pictures of all the fun things we’ve been doing together in our city of Antwerp. It just goes to show that it can be great to stay at home, too.
We are definitely making the absolute best of it and it is only halfway through the month of July. SO. Our little dates have made me completely and deeply happy.
I wish you a fabulous summer!!
Standing on the rooftop of MAS, a beautiful museum in Antwerp. Panoramic view!
Boyfriend catching Pokemons at the same MAS.
Tall Ship Race Antwerp.
Getting coffee + breakfast (and repeat endlessly)
Adopting a new kitty (named Lou).
Spotting beautiful things in Antwerp:
Happiness. Do It Yourself!!!
If you would like to keep in touch, follow me on Facebook or Instagram!